Friday, May 29, 2009

It was a very jittery summer

So, here's the plan. Starting next week, every weekday morning, I'm going to visit a Eugene coffee house, order a Cafe Americano, take in the atmosphere, and record my impressions. I want to do a different one every day, and see how long I can keep that up.

I need your help making my list, since the yellow pages and Google maps both are woefully incomplete. Starting with them, and then adding others from my own memory, I've generated the list below, and I'm inviting your additions. But the two parameters are, they've got to be primarily coffee establishments, not just restaurants with good coffee; and they've got to be places I can walk to, just because places I can't walk to are places I'll never frequent.

The starting point is the Northwest Christian campus, and I'm willing to walk for up to an hour. That means I can make it to the far reaches of Willamette and the high 20s, but not places out on River Road, in Santa Clara, etc. I might entertain possibilities on Coburg Road, as I can walk there from my apartment.

With all those parameters set, here's the list so far. If you see holes in it, please fill them in.
  • Espresso Roma
  • The Buzz
  • Dutch Brothers
  • Full City
  • Gary’s Coffee
  • Wandering Goats
  • Novella Café
  • Perugino
  • Bean Buzz
  • Espresso Barn
  • Midtown Coffee
  • Java Generations
  • Theo’s Coffee House
  • Vero Espresso
  • Amazon Coffee
  • Allann Brothers Beanery
  • Eugene Coffee Company
  • Supreme Bean
  • New Odyssey
  • Café Aroma
  • Quick Fix Coffee
(And no, before anyone asks it, I am not going to Starbucks!)

No comments: