Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Silly Dream

So I dreamed that NCU actually did change its mascot, but not to the Cute Puppies. Instead, we became the NCU Wet Willies. The reasoning was that since it rains all the time in Eugene, we're soaking wet, and we're trying to do God's will, so we're the Wet Willies.

There was no suit with a big foam head. Instead, all the athletes in all the sports started giving Wet Willies: the cross country kids gave them to other runners, the basketball and soccer players to the other team, etc. Now that I'm awake, I'm not quite sure how that would work in volleyball, and in softball it would take split-second timing, but whatever. I'm also not quite sure why referees weren't calling fouls or tossing our players out, but give me a break: it was a dream.

So then, all the other teams started wearing earmuffs every time they played us, and as a result they couldn't hear one another or their coaches. Plus, for some reason I remember that the cross country runners got really sweaty ears, and that was bad for running. Anyway, all our teams won the NAIA championship in all their sports, and everybody was really excited.

And then I woke up, and instead of snowing, it was raining. Perfect.

No comments: